Husband's Meal Goes Viral: Internet Laughs Over Man's Cooking Skills

 

Husband's Meal Goes Viral: Internet Laughs Over Man's Cooking Skills

After a woman shared a photo of her husband's meal online and revealed that he won't learn to cook, the internet was left in stitches.

The 28-year-old wife and the 26-year-old who wished to remain anonymous reside in Scotland. Two years have passed since the couple got hitched. The woman who wrote the post's accompanying statement said, "My husband won't learn how to cook.

The husband once prepared boiled eggs and naan bread for dinner in a less-than-appetizing display that later went viral on Reddit.

Reddit users have given the image posted on the r/mildlyinfuriating forum more than 23,000 upvotes and more than 3,000 comments.

Over 100,000 visitors to the cooking website Kitchen Infinity received emails requesting information on their cooking preferences. The website discovered that most U.S. S. (39%) of adults cook three to five times per week. 29 percent of respondents said they only cook once or twice per week, while a quarter said they cook more than five times per week.

American households spend more than 400 hours a year in the kitchen, according to a second survey of 2,000 adults that focused on kitchen habits. In response to a question about more than just food, 77 percent said they used to cook with their family at least once a week when they were kids, contributing to some of their favorite childhood memories. In addition, 3 out of 10 respondents claimed that doing the grocery shopping and cleaning the kitchen were some of their favorite memories.

The poster told Newsweek, "I sent the photo to a few mutual friends, and they all agreed his dinner was awful. I laughed when I saw his dinner. He is able to operate the oven, but I do the majority of the cooking. ".

Reddit users commented on the unusual meal with their thoughts on it. I love that you let him eat what he can make, one commenter laughed in response. However, another Reddit user didn't think the meal was that bad and wrote: "I know how to cook and I've made myself this exact meal. It tastes great. ".

Another response stated, "My husband is in his 50s and has never learned to cook. "Until I had to spend months in bed, and he had to learn how to make a few things so we could eat. Then, a few weeks after I was taken off bedrest, I suffered a pretty serious injury, which put me back on it for months. He is therefore learning even more foods because the doctor determined from blood tests that we were undernourished. ".

Others supplemented the popular post with a few well-placed puns. Not being able to cook is absurd, one person commented, while another said, "Eggscellent pun there. ".

The husband's wife insisted that everything was done in good fun. We didn't deliberately target him. To be completely honest, I didn't give sharing it much thought because I didn't think it would attract much attention. ".

However, other Reddit users supported the man's novel meal. He technically prepared food, according to a commenter. ".

"Looks pretty good [to be honest], posted another. Because it's still food, even though I can cook, I still eat things like this. ".

While the majority of the cooking is done by her, the poster claimed that she has made an effort to teach her husband how to prepare meals. "I've tried to teach him in the past, but it hasn't worked. He doesn't like to cook," she claimed.

Following the widely shared post about his cooking prowess, however, things had somewhat changed: "Since this post, he has agreed to me teaching him some basics, so that he'll have a few meals in his back pocket," the poster added.

Comments