My go-to dinner on busy nights is this essentially no-cook dish.

My go-to dinner on busy nights is this essentially no-cook dish.


In my dream life, I would have at least an hour each night to cook dinner, a clean kitchen  with all my favorite ingredients to make something exciting and delicious, and a grateful family to do the dishes and thank me for letting me do it wonderfully prepared dream meal. 

 

 In real life, I have about 30 minutes to choose something from the pantry  that people may or may not eat. Game! Luckily, on  nights when I'm particularly tired or have even less time to cook, I have a secret weapon: my tried-and-true recipe for Cuban Black Beans and Yellow Rice Husks. 

 

 Our delicious recipe (picture above) takes just under an hour, sprinkled with coriander, diced radishes and avocado.It's delicious, but I found an even easier way to combine it, which cuts down on cooking time and the cooking itself. 

 

 What You Need 

 The key is to have a few things in your pantry: frozen sweet plantains (I prefer the Goya brand), canned black bean soup (also Goya), and microwave-safe rice (frozen or pre-cooked in a bag). (a sometimes I  use frozen brown rice.) Combined, these handy products make for an incredibly satisfying homemade dish, little knowing it's ready in minutes Soup is heated on  stovetop, microwave  rice according to  package directions Once rice is cooked set  aside to finish cooking, microwave bananas according to  package directions.If you feel like it or have a few minutes, cut out some toppings, which can be avocado, radish, shallots, cilantro, or any combination of these ingredients. Divide the rice among bowls, pour the hot soup and bananas over each bowl, and finish with your choice of toppings. (Or not - it's great served as it is.) 

 

 Extra Bonus 

 Leftovers make a great lunch the next day. Is there anything this recipe can't do?He can't wash up, but fortunately this meal  requires almost no cleaning. On those nights  you will order pizza, cook it and be glad  you did.

Comments