Summer BBQ Delights: Grilled Meat, Potato Salad, and More

 

When cooked with crunchy, pungent pickles, potato salad is the ideal summertime side dish.

BBQ season means quick, delicious dinners without the mess, which is one of the reasons summer is  a great time to cook at home. I'm often asked, "Which side should I serve?" 

 The perfect summer side dish for grilled meat is potato salad. There are more variations of potato salad than  any other salad, but this week's recipe is based on my sister-in-law Cheryl's recipe. She does that every time we visit her in the summer.My husband and I enjoy it every time. 

 I'm changing the recipe a bit because Cheryl makes her own pickles. Maybe someday I'll learn  how to make them from her, but until then, Claussen's pickles are fabulously crunchy and garlicky. Use your favorite pickles. 

 Salads in large portions save time  in summer.It seems that the longer days don't even make up for all the "business" outside: watering the flowers, pulling the weeds in the garden and tidying up the terrace take up a lot of time, and sometimes it's nice to  sit out on the terrace Point. 

 This spring was good for eating out. For a summer meal, grill up some juicy burgers, eat Cheryl's potato salad, slice a watermelon and pour yourself your favorite beverage.


Comments